Are you making the most of the content you are posting on the Internet? Are you following a simple social media plan in order to grow one source of information linking to your website into 25, 50, or 75 pieces of information? In simple order, making a daily commitment to personal accountability, you will be able to attract a large following of eager prospects just waiting to spend money on your website. The trick is making sure you are providing valuable content, resources, and services on a routine basis. Nothing will lose friends, fans, and followers quicker than not adhering to the tenants of social media, “Build the relationship before looking for the sale”.
I am often asked for a simple plan to follow in order to build a larger traffic flow. Here are four easy to implement strategies:
1. Starting a LinkedIn group for your industry niche.
2. Open a Twitter account and send out a valuable tweet at least one per hour.
3. Open a Facebook fan page. When that reaches close to 1000 fans open a group page for your business.
4. Start a corporate blog and post valuable content that is keyword rich. Make sure your blog posts are automatically being posted to your Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn pages.
5. Edit your blog posts into article form that can be submitted to article directories. Ensure they contain valuable information to the readers. Have a link in the body of the article to your website and one in your bio block to a product.
6. Sign up for OnlyWire or Ping.fm and ping all of your blog posts and articles. Using one of these automatic submission tools will have that same content on 25 – 75 different social media and bookmarking sites. Each one of these then is a billboard to your website and company.
Keeping content valuable, up to date, and as community-developed as possible will assist you in building a large online following. In addition to the above tips, your blog and website can be automatically updated and filled with valuable content by allowing your visitors to post content. This is the true nature of social media and will help keep your information fresh, exciting and with less time commitment from you.
If you are out to attract prospective customers and develop your online presence and exposure, you owe it to yourself and the financial future of your business to learn everything you can about social media.
Do you want to learn more about Social Media?